While the tender was pending, the client told us that the campaign we were competing for was actually a campaign of “last chance” for their presence in the media.
Previous efforts did not bring any result in increased sales year by year,
and the result was only connected with the dealers’ activity.
The client didn’t see any benefits coming from investing their time and money in any advertising actions.
By analyzing two past campaigns we came to the following conclusions:
- Usage of media was planned correctly, however doubts were caused by the fact that GRP was too low in comparison to very strong and well-known competitors
- The commercial did not include any references to the brand aside from the last 3 seconds out of a 30-second TV ad
- Television and Internet campaigns were entirely inconsistent so the Media Multiplier Effect was excluded
- The client did not have a strong USP and RTB, about which they could inform in their advert
- Numeric distribution was insufficient to implement the campaign all around Poland
In this situation, our diagnosis of the problem reached significantly beyond tender matters. We won the tender.
The campaign has been postponed to until the client is properly prepared for the campaign. The process is pending.
We are glad that the client did not make a haphazard decision to implement the campaign. Such actions result in a lack of effect, hence a wasted budget.
The client contacted us requesting that we. implement a campaign for one of their products. The campaign shape and target group were precisely determined.
The product used to be situated within the top 3 of mind in its category. However, starved of investment for years, it has lost significant share in the market.
The campaign goal was to once again be placed among three best-selling products in the category in 6 months.
What is important, the competitors are very strong and actively advertise themselves, mainly in television and social media.
The client had a budget significantly smaller than their 5 competitors.
We analysed the competitors’ moves very thoroughly, beginning with price analysis of the product, its packaging, distribution and communication, ending at investments in the media. We projected potential target groups of the competition.
We came to the following conclusions:
- While having the cheapest product, the client does not have to compete with their opponents directly,
- There is a necessity to redefine the target group and resign from direct rivalry with the competition for better situated city targets,
- Because of a longstanding presence on the market, the brand should be cross-generational,
- A psychographic segmentation has to be built, and communication should be based on it,,
- There is a need to define precise attributes of the brand and emphasise them in relation to the competition,
- The campaign should be implemented according to communication adequate to the segments.
The client trusted us regarding redefinition of the target group,
however they did not wish to perform a detailed quality research of their brand and the competition.
We managed to mutually develop a communication pattern basing on popular feminine segments and their shopping motives.
We implemented a campaign, which brought spectacular results after a month, exceeding the established goals.
The client’s product has become the best-selling one in its category.